What are Sessions?
In the Cambridge English Test Portal, tests are arranged into Sessions. A session will be for one particular test and contains the details of the candidates who have been entered for that test.
You will need to create a session in order to make entries and run tests. Each session is for one test type only, I.e Reading and Listening or Writing or Speaking. If you wish to enter candidates for all skills, you will need to create a separate session for each test.
If you set up any Clients they will also be able to create sessions and administer tests using the test credits that you have allocated to them.
You will need to create separate Sessions for Linguaskill General and Linguaskill Business candidates.
Session and Entry Deadlines
For all tests (Reading and Listening, Speaking and Writing) you can create a session at any time, immediately add entries, and run the test.
In order to provide better support for your testing, we would ask for two days’ notice if you are planning to run sessions larger than 500 candidates. This will allow us to ensure that the correct levels of examiners are available. Please inform us at: MLTAdmin@cambridgeenglish.org
How to add a session:
1. Log into the Cambridge English Test Portal
2. Click Sessions
3. Click Add Session
4. Complete the Basic Settings, ensuring the correct details are selected
Agents/Clients will need to include details of the invigilation method used for the session.
There are four options to choose from:
- Remote proctored - AI
- Remote proctored - Human
- Remote proctored - Human + AI
- Face-to-Face: in person, in-room invigilation; such as in a testing centre, school or business
- Remote proctored - AI: Online proctoring, with only AI monitoring the candidate (this may include ‘record and review’)
- Remote proctored - Human: The test is monitored at all times by a human proctor via webcam
- Remote proctored - Human + AI: As well as being monitored at all times by a human, elements of AI may be used, such as eye-tracking and browser focus.
If the test is being delivered in person, with face-to-face invigilation, just select this as the “Invigilation Method”. The other options will be greyed out.
If the test is being delivered online, with remote proctoring, please select the type of proctoring being used (as above).
As well as including details of the remote proctoring type, Agents/Client need to provide the name of the provider used. The approved/compatible remote proctoring providers are available via the drop-down.
If another Remote Proctoring provider is being used, “Other unapproved proctor” should be selected, and the name of the company entered in the field below.
5. Complete the Advanced Settings and click Create Session
Time Limit - The 85 minute time limit can be set for Reading and Listening tests. This means the test will end after 85 minutes, but if the candidate has not answered enough questions they will not receive a score.
Results - Enabling Results for candidates will mean they can see their own results when logging into Metrica. If you disable this, you will need to provide the results to the candidates.
6. The session will now appear in the session list and is ready to use.
Once you have created sessions you can start making entries. Instructions for making entries can be found here.