Section 1. Overview
1. What service is being offered to Linguaskill Agents?
Cambridge Assessment English are working with Talview to offer Linguaskill Agents online, remote
proctoring technology integrated with Linguaskill to administer the test, anytime, anywhere with
state of the art measures to help prevent cheating. This is called Talview Proview Automated
Talview Proview Automated Proctoring is a fully-automated, AI-enabled solution that has the
following features and benefits:
● Robust, scalable on demand – offer your clients reliable online proctoring anytime, anywhere, with
no limit of the number of sessions they want to run.
● AI-enabled, non-intrusive, and reliable – automation makes the proctoring non-intrusive, but
powerful AI features flag any suspicious behaviour.
● Advanced video and analytics – a Proview report is generated for each candidate’s test session
flagging suspicious behaviour and making video review simple.
● Integrated with Linguaskill – the Linguaskill test is access through the Talview proctoring portal,
providing candidates with a seamless test experience.
2. What is Talview’s Proview Automated Proctoring?
Talview’s automated proctoring detects inappropriate activities during a Linguaskill test session,
creates a log of flagged events, and sends alerts for critical violations. It also compiles a
comprehensive report on each candidate’s performance in the exam and generates an integrity
score, making it easy for you to review any suspicious behaviour before releasing the candidate’s
results. These powerful features deter candidates from cheating and identify malpractice where it
3. What makes Automated Proctoring a suitable proctoring solution for Linguaskill?
Automated proctoring is the solution most suitable for mid- to high stake exams like Linguaskill,
which may need to be administered at high scale and low cost. Like Linguaskill, it is digital and
online, ready for use at any time, any place, with individuals or groups. It provides an immediate and
detailed report, and is cost effective.
Talview Proview Automated Proctoring is integrated with Linguaskill, meaning that the Linguaskill
test is accessed through the proctoring portal, providing candidates with a seamless test experience.
4. What will be the experience of the test taker in taking Linguaskill with Talview?
For the test taker, the experience of Linguaskill with Talview Proview Automated Proctoring is
seamless. They access the test session in the standard way, complete a hardware check and are
notified that they are being recorded. Checks include:
- Browser check – that they are using Chrome or Firefox
- That they have a working camera
- That they have a working microphone
- An ID check
- A 360 environment check
The Candidates Guidelines for Remote Proctoring with Talview found on the Talview User Guide article contains all of the information needed for the candidate have a positive and successful test experience, including set-up, pre-test checks, behaviour during the test and the procedure after the test.
5. Who are Talview?
Talview believes every person deserves the right to realise their full potential both academically and
professionally. That’s why thousands of recruiters and educators in more than 120 countries trust
Talview to reimagine, humanize, and democratize their large-scale recruiting and credentialing
processes. We do this with an end-to-end, AI-powered recruiting and proctoring platform that
unifies how organizations screen, interview, and assess top candidates and learners, while ensuring
a simple, engaging experience for everyone. From the testing centre to the office to the home,
Talview helps customers easily and effectively manage resume screening, interview scheduling,
assessments, video interviews, and exam proctoring from any device. With Talview, our customers
discover a world of untapped talent.
6. What is the price of Talview Proview Automated Proctoring?
Pricing (four skills and single skill) & minimum purchase of seats
|Single assessment||$1 USD|
|Bundled 4 Assessments||$2.50 USD|
Payment are accepted in dollars, pounds, Euros and Rupees.
*Purchased in buckets of 100 units, enabling you to scale business at minimum costs.
Please contact us for pricing information for India.
Section 2. Test Security
7. How does Automated Proctoring ensure secure test delivery?
Talview Proview Automated Proctoring has a number of features designed to support and enhance
the security of remote test delivery. Automated Proctoring begins with Candidate Authentication
and ID Verification. It checks for candidate impersonation, background noise and activities, and
other critical violations. See Question 10. What security checks are made in Automated Proctoring?
for more information.
At the end of the test, a report is generated with Proview Index, flagging any violations which need
to be reviewed.
8. What is the Agent’s role in remote proctored tests?
The effectiveness of the automated proctoring depends on the ability of the Agent to review
something called a Proview Index report, which flags any candidate behaviour considered suspicious
or in need of review. The Agent can then look back at a given point in the video to see what a
candidate was doing, and then either release the result if it is OK, or withhold it if they spot
malpractice.The Agent Guidelines for Remote Proctoring with Talview found on the Talview User Guide article, details the full role of the agent in releasing the results. In summary, the following must happen before results can be released to candidates:
- 100% of candidate IDs must be verified
- 100% of environment check videos must be checked
- Flagged potential malpractice events must be checked for any candidates rated as medium
or low by Talview’s AI ratings system
Although this may require agents to adopt new ways of working and new processes, they will
however, be able to administer Linguaskill more easily and cheaply, using their time to review
Proview reports rather than paying invigilators and centres to host and invigilate at test sessions.
9. What security checks are made in Automated Proctoring?
The following security check are made as part of the proctoring.
- Candidate authentication and ID Verification
- Checks for candidate impersonation in multi workflow sections, background noise and
activities, and other critical violations
- Report generation with Proview index
- Selfie and ID capture, Microphone check
- 360° room, ceiling, and worktable check
- Test environment check
- Track browser activity
- Block copy-paste options - This is flagging if its external test engine, blocking depends on parent engine.
- Auto-flagging of events
- Event logs available for audit
- Proview index (HIGH to LOW) provides guidance on possible violations of the assessment
Section 3. Training and set-up
10. What is the set-up process for Agents who wish to start using Talview?
To get started with Talview Automated Remote proctoring, just visit this link. Once your form is
filled out, you will be requested to make payment to complete your purchase.
11. What should I do if I make a mistake completing the set-up form?
You will receive an email confirming your order details. Please reply to this email and Talview will be
able to address your issue.
12. What training is provided and is there a cost for this?
There is no cost for training. Agents/Centres will get an email with training/tutorial videos.
13. How do I purchase tokens for Talview Automated Remote Proctoring?
To purchase tokens for Talview Automated Remote proctoring, just visit this link. Once your form is
filled out, you will be requested for payment to complete your purchase.
Section 4. Support
14. What support is available to Agents using Talview?
If the support issue is related to Talview, Agents should contact Talview customer service.
Talview have service on hand 24/7 365 days a year to support Agents. Tickets can be raised here.
For support issues related to the Linguaskill test, please contact the Linguaskill Helpdesk in the
15. What support is available to your clients who are using Talview?
Talview have service on hand 24/7 365 days a year to support your clients. Tickets can be raised
16. What support is available to test takers/candidates taking Linguaskill with Talview Remote
Talview have service on hand 24/7 365 days a year to support candidates. During the test, the
candidates will have access to a support chatbox.
Section 5. Marketing
17. What marketing support is available for me to promote Talview Proview Automated
Proctoring to my clients?
Visit our Brandfolder to find marketing messages to help you promote Automated Proctoring to
employers, educational institutions and test takers.