Check if you have Flash installed and up to date by navigating to the Flash Player Help website. You can find the latest installers there if required.
Flash Setup Steps
1. Once the candidate has logged in and entered the Speaking test, the Sound Check screen will appear
2. If the browser does not currently have permission on this computer, a window will pop up asking for permission. You must click Allow.
3. The Adobe Flash Player Settings box will pop up if the settings have not yet been set, or have been forgotten since they were last set.
You must select Allow, and tick the Remember box, as shown below:
You may also see this pop-up. If so, you must click on Allow.
4. You must then click the Microphone tab and set the Record Volume to Maximum, as shown below:
5. Once the above steps have been done, the following settings in your web browser should now be set to Allow:
Camera needs to be set to "Allow" for the test to work, however, it is not actually used.
You can check your settings are correct for your specific browser in these sections:
1. You can check they are set correctly by clicking the Secure button next to the URL.
2. Each item above should display as either Allow or Allow (default). If any are not, you can click the drop down next to them and change to Allow. If any are not showing, you can click Site settings to bring up all the options. This might be the case if any are set to Allow (default).
3. You can then ensure they are all set to Allow, and change them if required
1. You can check they are set correctly by clicking the Padlock button next to the URL.
2. Ensure Run Adobe Flash, Use the Camera and Use the Microphone are set to Allowed. If not, you can click on the right arrow in the top right to change the settings.
3. Click on More Information
4. Ensure Run Adobe Flash, Use the Camera and Use the Microphone are set to Allow.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
You can check if Flash is enabled in Internet Explorer, but it is not possible to check the Microphone is enabled. If you're unable to get the Microphone working with Internet Explorer, please try using Chrome or Firefox instead.1. You can check Flash by clicking on the Settings icon, and selecting Internet Options
2. Click the Programs tab, and then select Manage add-ons
3. Find Shockwave Flash Object in the list and ensure it is set to Enabled. If it is not, you can Right Click and select Enable.
Next Step: Sound Check
Once everything has been setup, you can use the Sound Check screen to ensure their headset can play and record audio at a suitable level.
Please click Next below to continue.