Candidates who have special requirements will need to take a paper-based* version of the Linguaskill Reading and Listening, and Writing tests. We have a number of ways to help candidates take the test who have special requirements, such as:
- Visual difficulties
- Hearing difficulties
The arrangements we are able to provide are listed below:
- Braille Question booklets and text booklets in contracted or uncontracted versions for blind candidates
- Enlarged question booklets and text booklets for visually impaired candidates
- Special Requirements version Listening CD for blind and visually impaired candidates
- Lip-reading version of the Listening test for hearing impaired candidates
- Taking the Reading or Listening tests as individual modes
*We are currently unable to provide arrangements for candidates with special requirements wishing to take the Linguaskill test online. The Linguaskill test is unable to support the use of accessibility software (this includes screen readers and screen magnification software).
How to apply:
If you would like to request special arrangements then you will need to submit the Linguaskill Special Arrangements application form below. All applications for special arrangements must be submitted three weeks before the date you are planning to run the test.