Candidates who have special requirements will need to take a paper-based* version of the Linguaskill Reading and Listening, Speaking and Writing tests. We have a number of ways to help candidates take the test who have special requirements, such as:
- Visual difficulties
- Hearing difficulties
- Speech difficulties
- Need additional extra time
The arrangements we are able to provide are listed below:
- Braille Question booklets and text booklets in contracted or uncontracted versions for blind candidates
- Enlarged question booklets and text booklets for visually impaired candidates
- Special Requirements version of the Listening test with audio file or CD for blind or visually impaired candidates or candidates with special requirements
- Lip-reading version of the Listening test for hearing impaired candidates
- Taking the Reading or Listening tests as individual modes
*We are currently unable to provide arrangements for candidates with special requirements wishing to take the Linguaskill test online, apart from extra time arrangements. The Linguaskill test is unable to support the use of accessibility software (this includes screen readers and screen magnification software).
How to apply:
If you would like to request special arrangements then you will need to submit the Linguaskill Special Arrangements application form below. All applications for special arrangements must be submitted three weeks before the date you are planning to run the test.
When an offline version is requested, we will usually provide you with a link to a secure online file where the documents/audio files needed will be stored for you, to print off for use for your test. All printed documents must be securely stored while in use for the test, and then destroyed once the test is complete. Copies of these must not be kept once the test date is passed. Paper versions will usually only be sent by post in cases where this is necessary, such as Braille versions.